MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, September 14, 2007

I Had Nothing to do With ANY of Them!!









The good thing about today is that I got through San Francisco! This is not an easy task, as San Fran (as we love to call it) does not have away AROUND it that is worth anything. You have to go through the place.. I mean, it's not like they need the business.. So you take 280 north (which isn't really marked to tell you what's going to happen), you will come to 19th street... 19th street goes through SF (as I now call it... it's short for Slow F*&%@$). It's slow, but moves..

ANYWAYS, as I cross THE bridge, the three lanes open to 6 and then come to an almost stop... Then the ambulance comes up behind us, and we all scatter to make room... When we finally reach the scene, there are 4 firetrucks, 1 ambulance and 5 or 6 police cars. Someone has forgotten their manners. We all crane our necks to look for the car(s). It looks like a fireman's convention, but no car. One downed road sign and a bunch of guys standing at the railing looking over into the abyss... (shudder).

10 miles further up 101 we slow again, and there are two more firetrucks on the southbound side attending to whatever mess is over there...

Then, 11 miles out from my destination, we crawl (it took me about 45 minutes to go 11 miles)... and there's ANOTHER one. These people apparently haven't got the sense to move out of the lanes... I felt sorry for the middle car (a Honda, I believe) as it had been hit from behind and then in front... Not the strongest of cars, the Honda...

So... I'm here and the weather is still great (70's day, cool nights). I called for reservations while I was stuck in the third pileup backup...

The good news is that SF is the last big city I will see for the rest of the trip, which is JUST FINE WITH ME!

Now all I have to do is keep the rubber side down and the metal side up...

and watch out for everyone else...

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha..to morro to morro...very clever - hey , i'm just printing this out to take over to mom to read it to her ... easier than laptop! keep 'em coming!
me

 
At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yee Haaaaa! She's On the Road again!!! Too OLD? Don't MAKE ME COME OUT THERE!!!

You'll have a great time and so will everyone fortunate to have a chance to spend time with our Meandering Miscreant.

Watch out for baby birds with ulterior motives...heh...heh...

ME!

St.J posting anonymously...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home