MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, August 31, 2007

Aye...There's the Rub...



So here's the problem..

As soon as both of my kitties were gone, the 'CAT WANTED' sign (which is invisible, by the way) went up out in front...

This little kitty has been hanging around... VERY scared and skittery..

The problem? I'm going on vacation soon... so what do I do??

I fed her (?) because she seems sooo skinny. She wouldn't come near me, but cried and cried...

Then, last night, I sat on the steps and she finally sidled up beside me and once I petted her head, she went nuts.. I think she wanted petting more than food.. she gets so excited at the affection that she drools...

Now, she's sitting on my front mat...

sigh...

Oh..

and just to add to the mix, there has been a rangy kitty (oh.. maybe 6 months old?) hanging around the back yard... I believe he's someone's pet, as he seems to be well cared for..

However,....

Tonight he came out front and sniffed at the empty bowl and then sauntered over towards where the little one has made her 'home'...

Two seconds later he went speeding by, with her hot on his tail, running like mad!

What am I to do??

7 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Whaddayamean both cats gone? =( That's it. If you come back by Charlotte I'm putting the cats on their leashes and bringing them for our visit. You need a Ripple head butt and a Calvin wide-eyed stare!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

You are so right about that...

see...

I was planning on getting kitties when I got back from this trip...

sisters, maybe..

SHORT HAIRED...

sigh...
(waves at TG!)

 
At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sigh...Boy do I know that "Invisible" cat sign phenomena. Could someone 'kitty' watch while you're away??? They know a good heart when they see it.

Also, you have an internal 'cat magnet' probably from before birth. Only very special person(s) have it.

:)

Pictures! More Pictures!

St.J

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo. Do your kitties (yes, I said YOUR) like to play with puppies?

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

This one isn't going to be mine... several reasons...

This time I want to choose kitties (yes, rescued ones). I want kitties that will SIT ON MY LAP and let me PICK THEM UP..

neither of mine ever liked sitting on my lap.. sigh..

And this little sweetie is just too long haired..

I AM allergic , y'all know...

So my friend at PACT (people and cats together) is going to take her and make certain she's spayed and try to find a home for her...

So I won't be worried about her...

I saw some beautiful kitties today at the PACT place... a little older but that get along with each other..

and they will LEARN to play with puppies (grin)

even if I have to train them on YOURS..

meh!

 
At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! Choose a Polydactyl so you can name it "Octopussy"!!! Always wanted to do that.

Hope you're well. I'm going to blog tonight - honest. Had my first ever (and hope it's the last, ever) sleep study as part of a general screening I'm going through. Good news thus far? No sleep apnea. Bad news? Borderline Asperger's. Here I've been joking about being ADD for the last decade or so...

Well, as someone once said about their 'perceived' position as the town's resident 'oddball' - "It gives one such a latitude for behaviour".

Now, I can be weird with abandon.

*SnOrT*!!!

St.J

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger dusty said...

ok, ok, you knew I couldn't let that "I've left her to starve!" remark go. Fear not, I went over today and left her a water dish with water I was taking to the gym, and also some kibbles. I can't get near her, but she heard the rustling and was simply waiting for me to split so she could eat. I peeked into her hidey hole and she was coming out meowing! I call her Chloe.

So glad to read you were planning to get kitties!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home