MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mysterious....



While at lunch today, we heard a sound as if there was a huge earthmoving machine heading down the street...

Then the windows shook and rattled...

No big deal.

I live in Earthquake Country... In fact, I am so fond of them that I took one with me to South Carolina just so I wouldn't get homesick.

Only

It wasn't an earthquake.

We were listening to the news after lunch, waiting to see if there would be SOME mention of the earthquake and where it originated. Calls were coming into the station from all over the area. Malibu, the South Bay (me), Calabasas, .. all over. The radio station checked with the Data center...

No quake..

More phone calls.

I finally called in because no one had mentioned the NOISE that accompanied the window shaking. I figured maybe it was different because I was on the edge of the ocean.

The nice radio man called me back tonight to tell me that it was my call that triggered an inquiry into which agency might be doing" SONIC" (or some sort) testing. NASA and EDWARDS AIRFORCE BASE are both around here...
I think it was the Nasa guy who said.. well... they MIGHT have been testing SOMETHING 50 miles out to sea..

Maybe.

My niece said that they have to tell us, don't they?... .... .... riiiight...

If the shore is littered with dead fish and whales tomorrow, I'm going to be pissed...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home