MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

New York New York... Not My Kind of Town...

Just a little river somewhere..

It's Ok. I'm not anywhere near the city. I've been driving up highway I-88 to I-90 just to make certain I go nowhere NEAR the big cities. I have my own.

I'm in Unadilla. Had to back track because the two closest exits were .... um.... let me see ... CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION. I think Pennsylvania and New York are not finished yet... not by a long shot!

I don't have free wifi (omg!!!) but they do have an ethernet cable here that is free, so my record still holds. I think I'm going to owe the Comfort Inn a night's stay sometime.

I'm working my way to Massachusetts ( and yes, I could have abbreviated it, but I just wanted to brag). I should be there tomorrow night, and then I will see Alucard sometime. I may stay there a couple of days so that I can travel up to New Hampshire and Vermont a bit.. it all depends on whether the weather cooperates. So far, it's been just great. It has rained here recently, and may do so again, but I don't mind RAIN. Just tornados. And road closures. And earthquakes. And.... well, you get the idea.

I keep thinking I should call Eric and see if he wonders why I haven't had my van inspected yet... (grin). Hell, if I DID have damage, I could have had the entire front end replaced by now.. ha!

It gets more and more colorful as I head northeast, but the trees are smaller and .... well... bunchier.

My favorites are the ones that have dark trunks to go with the colorful leaves. It's such a nice contrast.

like these...

in the KOA.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn i just left a LONG comment and then LOST IT by clicking "back" and EEK...i'm too tired to start again - it had something to do with "GREAT MUSINGS, good scenery, made me happy despite my computer crashing..." (and seriously, LOSING ALL MY EMAIL - a tragedy...now i'm in a fight with earthlink but ANYWAY...)
(oh look, i said it all again...!!!)
ha - anyway - thanks for the blog...talk to you tomorrow...ME

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

so do I,as we see so little of it in Califrisco...

sigh...

(waves to peebs!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home