MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

You Can’t’ Call Me Sasquatch Anymore... Eric...



Tennessee Mountains...

I’m in South Carolina. Not the prettiest campground, but they do have a handicap shower with a seat.

I shaved my legs...

I may have backed up the entire campground, but I feel sooo clean and I ain’t taking responsibility... nope... not me...

My insurance company called today. A nice little fellow named Eric. He seemed a bit new, which was not to his betterment today. Some of the things we discussed:

Eric: I left a message on your home phone.

Me: Eric, does the fact that the accident took place in Tennessee mean anything to you Eric?

Eric: Let me tell you first about your coverage.

Me: I don’t give a rat’s ass about my coverage, Eric, I’m doing 70 MPH on a freeway in Tennessee. You pay what you’re going to pay, and I’ll pay the rest, Eric... how’s that work for you?

Then he starts with the questions that I answered yesterday when I called the first time..

Me: I already answered these questions, Eric... don’t you guys ever talk to each other?

later.

Eric. (they asked me this question yesterday, too). Was anyone else in the car with you.?

Me. Nope, just me, Eric.... Forever...

Eric: Was there a child’s car seat in your car?

Me: Eric... I never had children, Eric... why would I cart someone else’s around with me?

Eric: Was there any damage to your car.

Me: Nope.
Eric: I’m going to give you the name of our collision center because you have to have your car checked.

Me: Even though there’s no damage Eric? How’s November work for you Eric?

and on and on.

To Eric’s credit, he laughed a great deal... I was being recorded, so if anyone knows a good insurance company, I might need one when I get back.

Tennessee is such a beautiful state in the mountainous parts. I drove off the main highway down into Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. I am so glad that my first visit to those places was more than 20 years ago, as they have been so corrupted by success that they are spoiled. Gatlinburg not as much because it is nestled in the mountains, but there is also no place to park and just walk around. Pigeon Forge is a wreck. When i first visited, there was this little ‘attraction’ called Silver Dollar City. There were local crafts and music in the winding ‘streets’ and displays of soap making and moonshine making (no tastes, more’s’ the pity), and people dressed in ‘period’ clothing and the like. It was very charming, and, fortunately, I have video tape...


Gatlinburg Tennessee...

Then, Dolly bought Silver Dollar City and made it DOLLYWOOD... and it and Pigeon Forge were never the same. now Pigeon Forge is like Branson Missouri, loaded with music theaters and attractions and as garish as Hollywood would be with a billion more lights and covered in sequins...

hmmm...

But the drive after I left those places was to die for...

This road to Gatlinburg looks like the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is the most beautiful road I've ever traveled...

and there was KUDZU!!

KUDZU!!

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger theshriek said...

Only someone not from the South would be excited about kudzu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home