MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

EARTHQUAKE...??? riiight....



The old south...

A busy time again in the old south...

Last night, outside of Columbia South Carolina (I have to say that because they only have 15 names for cities down here, and they use them repeatedly in each state) I was sitting in my little camper when I felt a couple of bumps. Several minutes later I felt a couple more.. If I had been home, I would have said.. hmm... earthquake...

Turns out I was right.

APPARENTLY, they had an earthquake yesterday morning in the area in which I chose to make my nest. What I felt was surely a couple of aftershocks...

is there no end to this insanity!?

An old church in Beaufort... built in 1722... you can see part of it and the trees and the old brick wall... I'm so used to taking pictures from the car that I didn't even get out for this one!

The very good news is that I got to meet Medic today. Some of you remember her, she hasn't posted for a while, but was very active 'back in the day' as they say. She was (is) a total doll. She has a beautiful home/house that she and her main squeeze built mostly themselves. The kitchen is huge and welcoming, which is what they wanted as they both love to cook. They took me around Beaufort and showed me all the history. It's an incredible city, with buildings that used to house Civil War patients. The old city is gloriously old south, trees, buildings and all. We had such a great visit.. her daughter came home during the visit. She and I (daughter, 10) have exchanged letters for a while (I'm going to get better at it again, I promise)...

and...

true southerner..

her squeeze (who was eminently squeezable but I resisted) WASHED ALL THE BUGS OFF MY CAR... actually (another great southern word) he washed the entire thing! Bless his heart...



The dock that is used by their little area... it connects to the ocean, so I truly have gone from coast to coast...

However... there were the "love bugs" (and that's NOT what they're doing when they hit the windshield... it may look like love as they dangle there, in extended coitus, but it's NOT LOVE). I'd forgotten love bugs...

I'm back in my little campground and heading north again.

I want a place where I can have you all as neighbors...

minus the earthquakes, tornados, closed roads, snow, and... oh yeah...

accidents...

7 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

CG... remember, if you want me to take you to lunch (I'll meet you somewhere... no house... ) let me know. someone has my e-mail address if you don't. I just can't SEND emails. I don't know how close I will get to you, but I may be traveling your way...

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eek - glad to read this even though you had NO SERVICE tonight (don't scare me like that...you MUST HAVE SERVICE at all times!!... ha ha.....)will share it all with mom tomorrow....miss you, but glad about this great journey... all but the Vdub..

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Bumpers and Love Bugs and Earthquakes - OH MY!

It's your unearthly personality; you've become some sort of cosmic magnet for Universal Energy - You've attracted wildlife, chatty people, Cataclysms of Nature and fragrant fuzz. I just heard a report that there's a long-dormant volcano about to blow in Alaska and thought to myself...."Wait a minnit; did she DETOUR?"


:)

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What MizM didn't tell u about her visit to Beaufort is that she had to tear my bleeding hands from her bumper! I chased her down the driveway in an attempt to keep her here with me. I want to sit at the kitchen table,rock on the front porch drinking ice tea with my friend. Forever. If you are lucky enough to meet MizM in person you are blessed. Witty,compassionate, entertaining and ALLERGIC to CATS. My cat's southern hospitality led to trouble. I want MizM back!!! My neighbor on the front porch next to ME ME ME !!!

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PFS, yep we gave her the worldwind tour Big Chil/ Great Santini house included. I wanted more time there is so much beauty here but true to MizMs nature she is like a butterfly. She touches your life with beauty but when you turn around she is gone....

 
At 6:52 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh I can't wait! I'm next I think! I've prepared my boss for me to leave at a moments notice for a visit. No short-changing my MizM just because I have a job! No no. I can't wait!

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jiminy cricket. Love bugs? It ain't bad enough when one goes splat on the windshield?!

Yikes....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home