MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Good Old Comfort Inn... Free Wifi...


Monday...

Well, I’m sitting on I-80 ad a dead stop. Some sort of traffic accident up ahead. The trucker next to me said that it had be cleared, but that they weren’t moving yet. Hope it doesn’t take as long as some of that stuff in L.A....

In the ‘higher’ elevations the colors are changing quickly. I’ve seen some beautiful reds and yellows and oranges and a sort of pinkish in-between color... Of course, in Pennsylvania, the highest point on I-80 is 2,200 ft. Not exactly the mountains...

This stop happens to be in one of the less colorful places, or I’d take a picture.

Boy... they sure clean up an accident site in Pennsylvania! We sat there for about 45 minutes (always carry a good book) and then traveled through a work site. They have been BUILDING the road as I’ve gone along today. Aside: Tennessee has the worst drivers so far, and Pennsylvania the worst roads. I have to go on I-81 tomorrow, and I’m not looking forward to it. It’s funny, I can’t tell you all the roads I’ve traveled, but I remember I-81. It’s one big pothole. You have to drive watching directly in front of you... very directly, or you’ll wind up in a sinkhole! Damn...

AnywayS, I looked for some sign that there had been an accident, but saw nothing except for part of the concrete barricade that looked as if tires had gone up and back down on it. If that was it, it must have been nasty.

Just a note. The shootings at that schoolhouse wore me out. Those poor sweet girls. The world is a sometimes awful place to be...

I’m in Milton, PA tonight. A super campground again, and very quiet. I didn’t take pictures cuz you’ve seen some like it.

But I did take a picture of the traffic jam...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home