MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, September 29, 2006

37 degrees!!!? whooooeee!

VA entry rest area... hand set stone, and quite pretty. They are still working on the main part.

They say it's going to be cold tonight. I am so excited! I thought it was going to be hot forever! Last night was ... Ok, but this is my kind of weather. I've got my sweatshirt on and I'm ready... plus, it's going to help the leaves change. They are beginning to do so quite nicely already, but I am always set for more.

This was a shorter drive, so I got to do some "antique store looking" today. I THINK I found the match to the one carnival glass dish that committed suicide during the last big earthquake. Poor thing... I still have half of it, and I'm going from memory here, but I think it will match. Of course, I was too stoopid to take a picture along with me.. shh... I got some other stuff, too..

The drive around here is beautiful. This part of the U.S. is, without challenge, the prettiest. No arguments accepted, at least on this front. Tennessee, Kentucky, Western Virginia and West Virginia, Parts of Kentucky.. green rolling hills and mountains (they're older than the Rockies, and softer). All different types of green, some of which are striving to be the first to change color this year.

Virginia...

I'm in Wytheville, VA..(rhymes with smithville) This is one of the nicest and best situated KOA's, too. I stayed here on the run back home from the 350 yr family reunion in 1992. Then they had a 'watch pig' in the yard, but I suppose he's gone now. It's lush and filled with colors of bushes and trees. It has swings on the porch and a huge central room for laundry and TV and it has a wood burning stove for those soon to be cold nights. It has smaller versions of the Kentucky horse fences around the areas, and a crisp, clean look. If I could stand summer travel, I would sit here for a couple of weeks and explore and visit friends and then run home to here!

That's all I know for now. I've been doing my laundry while blogging. I was going to do it last night by the Karaoke Bar, but it was way too expensive...

I'm glad I waited, it's delightful in this warm room looking out at the trees..



sigh..

Oh yeah.. and thank goodness (in the form of a sweet turtle) for my little hand warmers!!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

This car has a bad tendency, when I put it in drive, of going into third. It's really maddening, specially when I've driven ..oh... 20 miles at 70mph. So I have it there to remind me to check...

The stoopid car people say there's nothing wrong with it...

right..

like I suddenly, after driving for 45 years, can't tell one from the other...

(shakes her head in disgust)

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I mention, brrrr?

Brrrr.

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

You know, the next time you do this, I'm going to try to set up an 'electronic' map with a sensor on Falcor, so I can watch the little blinking light make its' way across the country! :)

I'm so glad you're staying warm. I'll be those snacks TGirl brought you are "Lance" products - as their slogan says, "Don't Go Round' Hungry!"

Sigh - WE ALL NEED to get together, some way, some how. Reading MizM's blog makes me miss her, then you all come in with comments - Peebs, T.Girl, ILS, Bonho and it makes me miss the rest of you - I even miss the ones I haven't met, like Shriek, Rachal and Adventure Girl.

I'm sorry, damnit, but we's just gots to have us a Ho's Night Out - or a weekend somewheres.

Sigh.

Travel on, Falcor, travel on!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Good God if I were quick enough I shoulda knit you an afghan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home