MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Met a Turtle.... um.. GIRL! Today!...

More kudzu!

No pictures, although I'm going to go over a take a KUDZU picture right quick after I finish this.. see how the south has affected my speech?

I met Turtlegirl today. She was nice enough to come out to the campground and obey my stoopid rules about no freeway driving except by me, so we sat and talked and talked and talked. She told her boss that she was visiting an old family member... hey! I resemble that remark!

And we are a family. Sometimes better than the ones we were born with, no matter how good they are. We share a commonality of interests and friendship that is unique. We've shared things, all of us, with each other that we haven't told family and friends (mostly because it's ABOUT them!).

But back to Turtle.

We're all in trouble now. Turtle really DOES look like Catherine Zeta Jones... actually, she's prettier by far. She is beautiful, inside AND out, and, as gorgeous as we ALL are, she's truly truly pretty. We talked as old friends, sitting in the warm sun under a shady tree at the campground, and the rain that was supposed to come today is waiting... it will most likely come tonight, but it gave us today, and for that I'm happy!

She brought food for me... LOTS of snacking goodies. Enough to keep me through those days when I don't stop for dinner after a late-ish breakfast. Maybe enough to keep me until I get home..

yeah..

right...

But best of all, after her sweet self, she made a pair of hand warmers for me that are just like the ones that TRIXIE wore in the scenes from the Amateur Show!!

I feel so special.. I told her I feel just like Trixie... a whore...

no..
wait..

that came out wrong (grin).

In fact, I'm going to go and take a picture of them right now!

Here... they are greener than they look in the picture, and are soft soft soft...



sigh...

Everyone has been sooo good to me!

and so much fun to meet in person...

I'm a happy camper!!

oh..,

so THAT'S where that expression came from! ;)

7 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Wait a sec - Peebs reads my blog but never comments on it? I feel so violated. A peeping peebs.


I had such an awesome time chatting with you Mizm! You ARE family.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

PC?... hmm..

Not a new rule... I don't go on freeways with anyone else driving. I haven't since I was in my 20's. That's why people have to come out to me... and everyone has been so accommodating! (as were you, you little sweetheart). Part of it when I'm camping is that I'm not fond of leaving this little rig unattended... The rest is that I'm such a control freak! :D

Listen to the thunder...

TG and I just visited in time!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

That's super! Give her a hug for me when you do!

um.. what about the OTHER advice I gave to you...

hmmm?

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

She told me! What a coinky-dink!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy we love those hand warmers - VERY CUTE...mom and i just read all of your new adventures and we think she likes the conversation with Eric the best! and also all the descriptions of everything...we're having fun...and miss you...ALOT!! =0)
(ha ha...)

 
At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In your case it'd have to be warm hands, warm heart...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

awww....

I can't wait until you see some of this... and you will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home