MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

PEEBS! or is That Cathrine Zeta Jones?

Peebs was nice enough (which should come as a surprise to no one) to come out to the campground to see me as I drove over 300 miles today and am very very tired.

It was so good to see her. We've spoken so many times on the boards, and in emails and on the phone that we knew each other anyway, but it's so cool to put people to these voices and words. She looks like CZJ, by the way (slowly counting her money and chocolate cookies that she was paid to say that).. no... really!

as do we all...

She squeaked too, OUT LOUD... and there was some other noise, but I"m not going to even bring it up.. (ha!) I only wish I was more alert. The news today said it was going to be worse weather than last night ( riiightt), but it never materialized. I was going to stay where I was, but since it wasn't raining this morning, I thought I would get as far as I could..

I got alll the way here!



The green parts...

This part of the country is extremely beautiful. Missouri, Kentucky, Alabama (at least this part), Tennessee, Georgia.. it's just so damned humid and sticky. I took a shower when I got to the campground, as I got SOAKED last night running to the bathroom of the KOA when the TORNADO SIREN sounded. I mean soaked. We had just had hail, which is a forerunner to tornados (for the uninformed) and then it poured and THEN the siren came by.

so much fun I can't wait to do it again.

Toto.. get me out of here!



Nashville...

4 Comments:

At 6:03 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Peebs got you first? =( I'm so jealous. When is it my turn Papa Smurf?

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom and I just got caught up on all of your adventures - wow what a great time you're having! and such fun people and friends...you are the lucky one! Mom really enjoyed your descriptions and the pictures! we're having a fine time!
love you, mom and me.

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aces8s here. Even though I do this fulltime, I am STILL getting such a thrill from seeing your travel pictures! How can anyone not love the open road???

(Oh, and a tip from my husband re the "sleeping in your car" crap they gave you at one park: Buy a $20 pop-up tent from Walmart, toss it up beside your van and disguise yourself as a tent camper.)

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

That kind of campground hates tent campers even more...

feh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home