MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, October 02, 2009

It Begins Again...

The Hometown Fair..

and Yes, I'm home...

Now, if I had traveled where I planned, I would NOT have been here this weekend.. it was an honorable plan..




If you notice, across from my house THIS year (you never know) are the SCREAMING KIDDIE SLIDES..

Where the hell's my knife..

All the booths are set up now (they used to make everyone wait until Saturday, during the 10k race, but this makes more sense.



and everyone has a good time...

except for those who don't.

Did I ever tell you I had a gate put down at the left hand side of my garage that closes off nothing and only exists to keep drunk people from the fair from walking up my steps and pissing on my house?

Oh how I love the fair..

sigh..

I know it's an age thing. I FULLY realize that. But since I'm in the middle of it, I get several benefits like:

Two.. count them.. not one but TWO bands playing at each end of the fair. They can't hear each other, but I can hear both of them..

at once..

Then there's the smoke of food fires and the smell of various cooked foods which somehow combines to produce a .. well.. sort of rancid meat smell..

and the people who want to park in front of my garage as if it was some sort of RIGHT..

It's a southern California Rich People's disease..

Trust me..

sigh..

anyways..

I will enjoy parts of it and try my best to ignore the rest...

and..

after weeks of 90 degree heat..

it might

RAIN

tomorrow..

(giggle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home