MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bye Bye Florence..



Old Town from across the river

So I left Florence behind this morning... reluctantly. Well, by the time you see this it will be yesterday morning, but that’s confusing..



Took this from the campground and it seemed to scream Black and White because of all the lines...
but maybe not...

I was aiming for Bullards Beach state park, where I spent a couple of nights, but it was full! on a TUESDAY..

Damned old folks... (wanders off, hitching and grumbling to herself)

So I”m at Humbug Mountain state park, aptly named for my mood. That means Lunchables for Linner because there isn’t any place around and the entrance to the park is in the middle of one of those “follow the lead car” stoppages so prevalent on this coast.

and I already pissed of one of those people today.

But there is a breeze and it’s hot on this coast.

I”m SO GLAD WE’RE NOT HAVING ANY GLOBAL WARMING!

Walking around I saw a couple, staring at something on the ground. I went toward them and said “You’re just staring hoping to attract a crowd, there’s really nothing there”, and in a few minutes there were 4 of us..

ah.. we’re just a bunch of lemmings after all.

It was a butterfly, spent and tattered and one of the women made me pick it up and put it on the grass where it could ‘die peacefully’..

women..


So I got lucky again today and the KOA in Eureka was unmanned (something I don't like) so I traveled to Fortuna, just down the road and found a nicer campground.

Like I said... luck over smart... or maybe hand in hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home