MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bandon, Oregon...



Moss in the tree at the entrance to the campground.

A few pictures from Bandon, Oregon. It’s a pretty coast at this point, but usually windy. My friend’s family got a house here a long time ago... I would die for it now, but it was always windy on their porch..

You could see the ocean, tho, all day long... sigh.

I drove by it to see if he was still there, but it’s up for sale.

Guess he isn’t leaving it to me!

Face Rock. So called because it looks like a woman rising from the sea.



The ocean south of Face rock... not exactly a sunbathing coast, but it gets plenty of tourists anyway. It’s also always pretty chilly here... must be the wind.



I’m wandering back and forth on the coast for a while. I couldn’t stand the heat inland, and I’m not going to Joseph. I either have to get 20 years younger, or get a bigger van. I’m thinking 20 years younger is out of the question...

although...

I drove up to Coos Bay, which is my only not favorite city on this coast. It’s grungy and looks broken and broke. It must be the pulp mill, or something else. At the post office they had a sign that said there had been a lot of mail theft, which usually means loose homeless people, or desperation.



I’ve met some fun people. 2 ‘older’ women and I sat and talked about everything under the sun for about 2 hours in the state park over by Medford (where it was NINETY DEGREES). Nice people...

I love talking to people..

even if I do all the talking.. (which happens more often than it should!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home