MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, September 18, 2009

Lawrence of Florence..

There WAS one, remember? Had some camels on a sand dune.... long long time ago.

I'm in Florence, in my favorite campground... I had to pull the crippled card to get in, but it's certainly warranted about now. It takes me a whole lot longer to get straightened out every morning.



I'm at my little cafe on the Suslaw River, looking at the bridge, which is famous. As you can see, it's also being worked on, between 11 PM and 5 AM in the morning. Wouldn't want to be going up the coast during that, as it's the only way through.

Period.

My sister and her husband drove through here a few months ago and were a bit annoyed by the trucks on the bridge (it's a drawbridge, so it has that metal thingy in the middle). Imagine how it would be to be in a B & B now!

On a back road in Bandon I saw this little river outlet to the ocean, and all the birds were sitting and bathing and drinking the fresh water. They seemed to really enjoy the break from the salty sea, specially the ducks (geese?).



The on ramp to the bridge with a little B & B on the other side.. wonder if??



and here's my little favorite coffee shop with the great coffee and free wifi!



No aging hooker here!

well... not for wifi, anyways...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home