MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, September 14, 2009

Mount Shasta City

Finally, a place that is (so far) cool and smells good. Many pine trees. I LIKE pine trees. I must remember to have pine trees on my estate near the ocean (a thing that is doable in Oregon).

Once you get North of Sacramento, the topography changes for the better. That's because there's water up there. The Sacramento River crosses Interstate 5 at least three times over a period of, ohhh, 100 miles. Lots more water.

Of course, Lake Shasta is paying for it, big time.



I've driven by this huge lake (it has a huge dam) many times and seen it in varied states. I've seen it when they had to add extensions to the boat docks to get to the water, but I've never seen it like this. These pictures were taken from a moving car NOT LOOKING, so they aren't the best, and it's difficult to see how low the lake is.

The second picture is better, because, although it LOOKS like a river, the bridge over this part said "LAKE SHASTA" and it wasn't.



sigh.

on the other hand, some interesting trees in Mount Shasta City..



This wouldn't be a bad place to live except for the lack of an ocean.

and you know me and oceans..

OH.. and I saw one of these signs... without the words, because this is California, and words confuse...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home