MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Surrounded by Children....




I'm sitting in the campground store, surrounded by children playing pool... one of them, Adam, keeps coming over to try to scare me... he's 4 and I think he's in love... He keeps running over to me and trying to scare me (I always jump.. one must, you know), then bringing me a movie choice (from the rentals) and asking me if I like THIS one.

Makes blogging jussst a tad more difficult (grin).

Yesterday I went to Newbury to visit the old homestead. For those of you who don't know, it's the house built by my great great great...(etc) grandfather in 1653. The back part of the house is the old part. The taller front was added later, and then both halves were occupied by family members who apparently had some sort of dispute, and never spoke to each other...

sounds like relatives to me!



The original house was, if I remember, a mixture of stone and some sort of mortar. The 'clapboard' was added later. There is what can only be an adult cradle upstairs... (shudder)...

Below is an example of a typical New England house ... .they call them 'saltbox' houses. The old salt boxes had that peaked roof look to them.



and...

because it's here..

more color...

3 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Sniffle. I wanna live there. I LOVE cold weather. I'd even sleep in the cradle if ya' let me (is it big enough for two; you never know who I might bring with me)...hmmmm...I've never done it in a cradle before.

What a beautiful place. I gotta head out that way. HEY! BTW! You were in PA - did you even drive by E.B.'s house?

:)

 
At 2:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didja go into your old homestead? Or were you leery of the new occupants?

St. J, you have an interesting view of the world. A cradle. Wow...!

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

I didn't go in this time, but I have video of the inside from 199...1 one, I think... or 93... I didn't take any in 92. And I could have been one of the residents, as I offered to care-take and show the place...

ST j.. I may be going that way again... I didn't even know he was from PA...

silly me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home