MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

19 degrees!!!???... Holy Sh.......!



Albuquerque... from the original route 66.. quite the view...

I'm in Gallup, New Mexico. It was a pleasant drive here today, with very little wind, which makes it easier to stay on the road (unlike two big rigs who mixed it up outside of Santa Rosa this morning. I got to Gallup a little earlier than usual, but decided to stop because yesterday was such a long drive. It's been getting colder as I've sat in my little van, and I thought.. "gee.. wonder how cold it's going to get tonight"...

19 degrees..

Damn... I hate it when that happens.



Red rock... I took this without looking (good thing at 75 mph) it's not bad!

The climb is so gradual that I forgot that this part of New Mexico and Arizona hover at around ... oh.. 6,500 to 7,000 feet (Flagstaff is over 7,000... I was going to stay there tomorrow night but NOT ANY MORE)... The good news is that the rain and snow are supposed to stay east of me. Good thing I didn't stay in Albuquirky...

Damn...

I broke out the heating pad, which I will use to heat the bed before I jump in, and leave in case I wake up freezing in the middle of the night. Of course, it might not be as cold as it was in Bucking Fuffalo because it's a dry cold. yeah...

right....

I stayed in this campground at least 20 years ago, back when it was a KOA. It seems a lot of KOA's are switching to be independent, as KOA charges a part of everything they do or make. The KOA in Gallup was a parking lot (it looks new), while this one has some charm. Not a lot of trees, of course, but they've made improvements. I remember going up to the Motel in front and having a drink at the lounge. Gallup was pretty rustic... still is.



View of some incredible sky over the campground in Gallup...

However..

Tomorrow morning, if I go back 4 miles (and I will) I will be able to have breakfast at... wait for it.... CRACKER BARREL!

If I don't freeze first....



For bonho... the gravel in the campground in New Mexico, of course, has red in it...

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice gravel. Looks like you took the cold West with you. I guess I'll be able to use my wooly hat after all...back in CALIFORNIA!

Sigh.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

It's hotter than hell in California...

I'm working on making it cold there too..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home