MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Children Left Unattended Will be Given an Espresso and a Free Puppy...

This sign was in the Antique shop in Ellsworth, Kansas... I just love it...

I'm in Santa Rosa New Mexico. I've been in 4 states today: Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico. This is by far the prettiest, and, although I'm not a fan of the 'desert', this place has a unique beauty. There is lots of water in Santa Rosa. There is a place called the Blue Hole, which is an 80 ft deep artesian spring, that pumps 3,000 gallons of water per minute. It's bell shaped and is a hit with scuba divers. There are lakes abounding, and because of this, it's green in a deserty sort of way. Or deserty in a green sort of way.. whichever. I'm camped on Route 66, much of which I have traveled whenever I could. I mourn the loss of this old highway, and love that it pops up every now and then. Mostly it's route 40.. at 75 MPH.

I passed the biggest cow pen I've ever seen in my life today. It was in the Texas part of the trip, and held at least 10,000 head of cattle. I may never eat beef again... pretty depressing. I hope they don't know...

I was going to go to Flagstaff, Arizona tomorrow, but that's about 450 miles away (funny, it doesn't LOOK that far on the map), and that's too far this late in the trip.. so I don't know where I'm headed. I'll be going in that general direction, of course, but where I'll stop, nobody knows... not even ME!

The view from the campground... mesas, valleys, red rock and all...

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

That sign is too funny. You shoulda got a pic of it.

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the sign too. If I ever get my own store, I'm stealing that idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home