MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Oh the E-ri-e was a rising..



And the gin was a gettin' low... I scarcely think we’ll get a drink ‘till we get to Buffalo-o-o, ‘till we get to Buffalo.

Old song, beautiful lake. I am amazed, always, by the size of it. I never knew a lake where you couldn't see the other shore. Or more than a bit of this one.

Turns out I was too close to the wifi station, I think... now I'm sitting in the dark in another campslot.... sorry Shrieky

I think I'm getting crooked in my old age.. maybe it's my knee, but most of my pictures need to be straightened! go figure!



I got smart today. I was planning on heading out of New York and as far as Ohio, but it took me forever to get to Bucking Fuffalo! This state is bigger than it appears... so, as I was getting tired and figuring that I would be pulling into a campground around .. oh... 5 or so, up popped this little KOA.. Right across the street from Lake Erie. It has a little stream and when you walk over the teeny tiny bridge, there are willow trees and grape vines. What fun..






So I stayed, and have had a shower and am glad I stopped early. Technically I’m still in NY, but I’m about 10 miles from the Pennsylvania border, so it ALMOST doesn’t count.

grapes and a willow tree...


I’ve been giving little chocolate candies (wrapped, of course) to all the toll booth people across New York. It’s a hoot to see their reactions, but you have to know it makes their day a teeny tiny bit brighter...

4 Comments:

At 5:13 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

ha! (grumble, grumble0...dang.. I almost lost my image there...

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

Those last two pics look like the postcard you sent me. Beautiful place.

I had the same reaction to Lake Michigan that you did to Lake Erie. Couldn't believe that I was unable to see the other shore.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Thankee, young miss... I liked that boat too..

Hope you're doing well...

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MizM! Thankee kindly for the bee-yoo-tee-ful postcards! Are ya coming back home.....eventually!!!...my way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home