MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, June 16, 2006

Snippets....

I am going to get back to the letters, I promise. I'm just not as organized as I think I am... these little pills help me not want to kill anyone or cry all the time (and, of the two, I think I miss the first... most), but the OCD kept me in more 'control' (grin)

So.. this is a blog of little snippets of stuff that really don't warrant a WHOLE bloggy thing, but things I find rather interesting.

Case in point,. I got an email from the family, the ones who live in Arizona. They came out the other day and this was on the porch at the back of their house... (shudder)... they have kids...



Now I like snakes. I have always liked snakes. My absolute with out a doubt forever favorite teacher was my 8th grade science teacher, Mr Swingler. He always had things running about the class, and would often start the class by sending the more fearful girls up into their chairs with a casual "hmm... who let the tarantula out?" We had dance class before Science, and were accustomed to coming to class in our socks, shoes in hand.

So my introduction to all the 'creepy' things was gradual yet intense. I remember sitting in class with a glass snake draped around my neck, his head facing forward as if interested in the lesson. Glass snakes are notoriously slow snakes, so I never developed the fear. The teacher also talked a great deal about what made us afraid of things, and how we didn't have to be... I called him about 15 years ago and told him how much he meant to me, as a teacher. It was his birthday..

Sometimes you get it right...

But I digress.. although I like snakes and crawly things.. I DO NOT LIKE RATTLESNAKES!! simple... direct...
'nough said...


Now this picture is out of season, but it's hot here now, and it makes me think of winter... cool quiet winter. No tourists winter...

sigh..

It was my sister's Christmas card .. oh... about 17? years ago. My niece is getting married in two weeks, and my nephew just turned 21... they drew the pictures (you can tell who drew what (grin)). I just loved that card, and now I'm sharing it with you!

This picture was taken about 20 years ago on a trip up to Canada. It's a farm next to the campground (KOA) in Burlington Washington. A great campground with an indoor swimming pool and two heated spas... sigh... just what you want when it's cooler.. and quieter...

hmm.. I seem to be on a trend here... cool.. quiet..

must be summer at the beach..

snippets...

3 Comments:

At 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. I'm fragmented too, I can't even get myself to blog about nothing. I like snakes too, any animal really if they're not stingy bity. Quiet and cool sounds nice to me too.

 
At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap!! If I saw that snake any where near my house I would have to move. About 6 states over I think. YUK.
Quiet does sound good, cool or otherwise.

 
At 10:51 PM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

EYAUGHHHHHHHHHH! HOLY CRAP - I'm on the other side of the freaking country and I'M standing on a chair right now!!!!!

clickety-clickety-clickety-clickety
(that's my teeth chattering)

St.J

*shudder*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home