MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, June 10, 2006

On Top of My Molars....To the tune of... well.. you remember!


Two hearts and a shamrock... the top part of the shamrock chipped out... no fixing it now!!


This is harder to see... there are two flowers with stems... one yellow, and on the left, one pink... not a great picture... The hearts, flowers and happy face pictures were taken AFTER the crowns were cemented, so they were more difficult to capture.

For those of you who don't know, don't remember or don't give a damn, I worked for a dentist for 8 years. One of the benefits of this job, other than the fact that I LOVED it, was the fact that the lab for making crowns was in the back of the office. My teeth have never been..... well.. good. I have LOTS of crowns, and the old gold ones were eventually replaced with porcelain. This gave me an marvelous opportunity. I started small... one pink heart. Dark colors are difficult, as the only colors the tech has to work with are to stain the crowns to match teeth, so the colors are light. Then I had a Shamrock. Then, my favorite, two little flowers. Craig worked long and hard on these, and they are a joy. At one point I was going to have Steve Guidone D.D.S. on several that we crowned to alleviate my TMJ problems, but that seemed a bit much (grin). The Happy Face came about as a sort of reverse print... I love him, he looks like a demented Pillsbury Dough Boy .


Along came Deadwood, and, as I needed yet another crown, I decided on a peach. Deadwoodians will understand. The last crown I had has a little pig face on it... in honor of Mr Wu., Keone Young... It's a perfect pink pig!



So...

anyone jealous? Or is the general consensus that I am in desperate need of psychological care...

too late..

I already have a BOATLOAD of issues that far surpass a couple of teeth...

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh My God. The piggy is too cute.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

Yeah... Craig actually hadn't seen him that large until my x boss took a picture and put it on the computer screen chairside...

I love the pig....

and the flowers..

and the hearts..

and..

oh Fuck... I love them all!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Ode on a Porcelain Crown
"'Beauty is tooth, tooth beauty,—that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."

I'm pleased to add that this horrible pun would have also worked, had you decided instead of crowns, for tattoos on yer booty.

:)

I LOVE the piggie!

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

not on my booty... but I've got one on my BODY (grin)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home