MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, May 22, 2006

A Short History of a Traveling Girl...

Monday..
I’m in Buelton now, close to home. I can blog, but can’t seem to put pictures on.... I’ll do it later!

Sunday...


It rained and rained and rained all day today! I went to the Coast Gallery and just had to buy myself something I can’t afford... I’ll take a picture of it and show you later. Waaaay too much money, but I keep saying “When I hit the lottery”, or “ When I have a place for it in another house” and I realized that I was not having things i really wanted... This gallery is one of my favorite stops in Big Sur. It was made from an old wine barrel (a really BIG wine barrel), and then added to as the years passes. The movie, The Sandpipers, was filmed in it years ago.

so there...

I read another book. So far I have read: The Bleachers, Island of the Sequined Love Nun, The Lust Lizard of Melancholy cove, Stone Cold, Blue Highways, Hidden Prey, and am working on Ibid., a life and American Brutus, which I started a ways back and got stalled on... too many footnotes so I’m skipping them.

I watched The Hawaiians and Quest for Fire, an old favorite.
.

Saturday...

A foggy day before the rain...
Bought the paper at the little store here and watched an aging hippy smoke a doobie right outside the store.... ah... Big Sur. It never changes.

Didn’t rain last night.. I slept well but had the worst dream... must be because I’m headed south instead of north... Had breakfast in my favorite place on the coast... it has consistently had the best coffee I’ve ever had, bar none. They had ‘serious’ coffee years before Starbucks even thought about it.

more later.

4 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Hey gal!

I've been out of town - I think my answering machine guy is falling for you.

Tee hee.

St.J

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just now saw this photo. It is awesome! Nature is amazing, isn't it?

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to travel a little. Boo hoo. Actually, all I wanna do right now is sleep. But after that, in about six months, travel.

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home