MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, June 02, 2006

Street Scenes from a Cell Phone...



I've been taking Mom around and running errands it seems like all week long. Actually, it seems like longer than that. While doing 'my thing', I saw this Shoe Car. It's on Santa Monica Boulevard in West Los Angeles. It's in front of a shoe store... at least I HOPE that's a shoe store, cuz otherwise it's just too weird! I love that it's a high top boot kind of thing, and that, although it's eminently drivable, you can't tell by just glancing at it. Well, looking at the picture again, maybe you can (grin). I have found that I can take pictures with my cell phone and then 'fix' them in my i photo thingy and make them look a bit better...

The next picture is an automobile I saw while Mom and I were sitting in the shade enjoying a yoghurt cone. Well, I was enjoying it and she looked like she was, but it's hard to tell. She doesn't say no when I ask her if she wants one, and her face kind of lights up, so I'm hoping it's not just gas...



This is an automobile. This is not your car. This is not a 'vehicle', either all terrain , or Sports Utility, or any other silly name we've chosen to give credibility to vehicles we seldom use for ANY terrain or sports or, heaven forgive, utilities... This is an automobile made of real metal. I wouldn't hesitate to pit this against any stoopid Hummer, if I could pick the spot to hit it first. I owned cars like this. I had someone NOT make a left hand turn when they SHOULD have (next to me ) and we hit and MY automobile ripped open the side of her puny 'vehicle' like a jagged tin can, which is just what it was. My automobile (a '62 Buick Le Sabre) had black paint on the bumper... I loved that automobile. I felt SAFE in that vehicle... I believe this to be a 1959 Chevrolet Nomad station wagon...

I love this one, too...

4 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was JUST talking about that boot car YESTERDAY.

And yes, I'm now officially DONE. Gimme a week to sleep and get sick.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

small worlds....

Ok.. I've got a sympathy sore throat anywayS...

me

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger St.Julien I said...

Man oh man, dat is a car with sole.

*rimshot*

(grin)

MizM, the guy on my answering machine keeps bugging me for your phone number.

St.J

MySpace Whore

 
At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home