MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Cheetah and Cub..



I mentioned that I stopped at the Coast Gallery during the rainy day at Big Sur. I also mentioned that I purchased something I decided I should be able to have because I loved it.... and i do. For years I have put off getting 'more stuff' in my life because I keep thinking I'm going to move sometime soon... any time now... no.. soon. In fact, I may not.. or I may, but it occurred to me that it was sad to put off having something nice on a premise that tomorrow will be a better day to have it.

Loet Vanderveen is the creator of this Cheetah and Cub. He is a true marvel and a wonder when it comes to line and form. I really will make the Coast Gallery my first stop if I ever hit the lottery, as I will then have a huge house with a room , just for his sculptures. Some of the larger ones are heart stopping, and the smaller ones, like the herd of tiny running elephants, while just as beautiful, just make me feel good...

The very nice lady, Ms. Trotter, at the gallery, was almost as excited as I...

So..

I now own this...

and I'm damn proud of it!

5 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! He certainly captures the posture of cats, the way they seem to flow elegantly even when sitting still. Is that the same piece in both shots? They look so different.
And yes, you do deserve to have it! Is this the same artist who did your other sculpture?

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger theshriek said...

Love it MizM!

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

It's a different artist... and a much smaller piece. Loet Vanderveen has some incredible stuff... google him and you will see.... The Coast Gallery has so much of it..

sigh..

and Thanks y'all... I DO deserve it (grin)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh how beautiful! What's the scale? Is it small enough or hold in your hand, or a bit larger?

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

It's about 8 inches tall... about 9 inches at the "base"

or a bit bigger..

unusually heavy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home