MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Coastal Fog and Other Wonders...

Still Thursday..

Scotch Broom in the fog... Apparently the Scots brought it to make brooms and it got kinda out of hand (grin). You can see it all up and down the coast, from Canada to the Mexican Border, It’s a good grower... and occasionally villified for it!

Hopefully I will find a place where I can post. The campground, in Olema California, (Point Reyes) has WiFi, but, of course, they charge. Greedy bastards....

I forgot to mention that yesterday, going up the coast, I rounded a corner on the winding road and saw a large bird on the yellow stripe. Fearful, I slowed... it crouched down. I stopped beside it, hoping it wasn’t horribly injured. It was a wild turkey. I looked at it... it looked at me, balefully. I said “shoo” and it got up and walked away! Must have been warm on the yellow stripe or something...

No wonder they call them turkeys!

I have two pictures of the road in the fog. It’s really pretty driving in the fog as long as you can see. The one where the trees arch over the road is beautiful... the other shows one of my favorite trees, the Monterey Pine. I love these trees because they remind me of a furry gloved many fingered hand, reaching towards the road, bent forever by the wind from the ocean.



Now...

off to lunch and try to post!

YES!

3 Comments:

At 9:22 AM, Blogger spdychevy said...

MizM,

Love your scenery pics, I think my fave of this bunch is at the bottom of the post (with the fog).

I'm living vicariously since you're traveling like I want to (dream constantly about) but can't yet. Hope you don't mind the intrusion.

Safe Journey,

Shann

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought for sure your story was gonna end with you having turkey for dinner. Heh.

 
At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got your message glad to hear you are ok. Like others here I am living through your pics and stories. Wish I was there. Take care. Just one question was there any Wild Turkey involved:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home