MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's day at the River Inn...


Shh... they’re sleeping!

This picture was taken last time I was here at Big Sur. I haven't taken any pictures so far today.... it's a helluva long trip up here (300 miles) and I have never seen the Big Sur road in such poor condition. It looks as if it has been patched in about 20 places, some of them crudely. The problem is that there is NO OTHER ROAD. No where, no how. They need to shut it down for about 6 months and fix it, but that is nearly impossible. Above here, just below San Francisco, the road was closed due to a slide.. indefinitely. The hardship on the people who live 15 miles from San Francisco and have to drive many miles east to 101 to go north... shudder.

I have also never seen it quite so beautiful on the way up. It has rained a great deal north of my place, and the hills were greener than I ever remember... and wildflowers... and green...

So I got here, but my favorite spot was gone but that's Ok... the little pills must be working, because I remember crying one time when it was taken... hmm... I came over to the River Inn to get something to eat and, of course, it's MOTHER'S DAY... the parking lot is full and the restaurant is even more so... but there's a jazz band on the deck and all is good...

and I'm even not too tired to blog!

I have had trouble with blogger up here.. so this may be without a picture... deal with it (grin)

I CAN FINALLY BLOG!! (Tuesday)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home