MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Why does she write like that?


A sign on the Big Sur Road... HAD to take a picture! Click on it to see why....

I expect the question has come up a number of times... “ She’s a teacher, don’t she know how to write good?” The answer to that question is hydra headed. The long answer has to do with wit and age; the short answer is- I write the way I talk. All the dots and pauses and grammatical failings are born of personality, rather than slack... ask anyone who has ever talked to me in person... I write the way I talk. I do lay no small blame to the diet doctors of the 60’s and 70’s, who prescribed ‘bennies’ to lose weight. When I was in my 20’s, I developed a full fledged stutter while on them, which shows up when i am very tired or when I used to drink to excess. Now, it’s only a tic... a hiccup in my speech that is exacerbated by stress or nervousness... It’s probably the reason I’ve never written a book (not counting the laziness and A.D.D..). If I did start the great american novel, SOMEONE would want to clean it up, and then it wouldn’t be mine... So, when you are inclined to criticize, remember that it’s the way I talk... and that I’m OLD and it’s not NICE to pick on old people...

Oh yeah... and that IS my picture with my profile... It’s just not NEW .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home