MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Dream a little dream with me...



Interesting.. when i typed the title of this blog today, the first word I typed was dread... go figure. Dread a little dread with me... hmm.. not nearly as catchy, but somewhat accurate.

This is a picture of the largest Monterey Pine in the world... it's just over the Oregon Border (Yeah, I know I"m not there yet, but OH WELL!)..

Whenever I travel, especially as I age, I tend to dread at least the first few days. It takes a awhile for everything to fall into place, and this makes all workings of the trip tiresome. My knees, even on a good day, complain for the first few days until they realize that, like it or not, they ARE going to be utilized in a manner inconsistent with their usual job requirements. Not happy knees... I'm always afraid that I will forget something important (this trip it's this laptop). I'm afraid I'll forget something NOT important, even though I'm going to be in reach of markets, stores and the like. I don't quite know why this happens, but it does... and then, once I'm .. oh... 500 miles away from home (hmm.. sounds like the title of a song!) it all starts to get better.

So... here's to the first 500 miles... may they be uneventful and easy, so that I might relax...

after all,

this IS a vacation...

me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home