MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Why have I only traveled 200 miles?


Morro Rock... in certain light it shines like gold, upsetting the original locals when they discovered their mistake....

An odd first day. I started out later than I have ever done before on a trip, and traveled less., a little over 200 miles. I wasn’t certain just how my knee was gonna fare, but it seems to be doing well. I’m in Morro Bay, and don’t have a connection, so I’m doing this in word and will transfer it. I DID discover an SBC hookup I can buy for $7.95 for a 24 hour period, but it seems a bit pricey. Maybe, if I can’t find hookups every couple of days, I’ll try it out. I’m not quite that desperate yet .

It’s pretty here, as far as Southern California goes. Mostly tall trees (name to follow when I remember it).. the smelly ones.. smell like cat piss when they are ‘in bloom’. Butterflies love them... it’ll come to me... no .. really... Eucalyptus! (and don’t for a minute think that I didn’t have to spell check THAT)...it’s cool here, yet still sunny. I don’t have a hook up, which I prefer to have, as I can run my lights later at night and read. I just started Short History of a Small Place (delightful!) at linner (lunch and dinner... I could call it dunch, but that makes it sound sort of stoopid)...linner was a surprise... a small restaurant across from the campground in the teeny tiny marina. Called Bayside Cafe... it has a website, I’m told... GREAT food. Bonho would have loved the tomato herb soup....

So I made it the first day and I’m sitting here and writing to you. Since there is no great pay off in that, I’m going to go out and make friends!

later

I met a nice fellow named Rick. He’s a writer, and attending a writer’s conference in San Luis Obispo, right down the street, so to speak. He tells me there is a service with Verizon whereupon I can get on to wifi with my phone... now all I have to do is find a Verizon store. The places I plan on going, I figure I will find it when I get back to L.A.!... go figure...

me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home