MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Travels with me...


I'm finally getting ready to take the trip. It's been in a state of flux because of the horrible events in the South. They seem so overwhelming that it's been hard to get my balance. I have made the decision to skip the part of my travels that would take me down around the deep south on this trip. If I was going to see you, I'm sorry. There are too many mitigating factors that, on the outside of it, would seem not to be a problem. The price of gas is certainly an issue, but the availability is critical. If I cut a thousand miles off this trip, it will make a difference... to my friends in the south- I'm sorry. I'm sorry for a lot more than not being able to see you on this trip, and I hope that recovery is as swift as it can be.

That being said, I still haven't figured out how to use the wireless on this laptop. I'm taking all my cables in case I get a hookup in a campground, which happens a great deal more than it used to, but I really want to conquer Wifi. I may have to go to a mall and see if I can get it to work in those places that advertise...

I've made labels for postcards... I know, it's not quite as intimate, but I've got over 30 people to whom I'm sending postcards this trip, and I'll do anything to help that process!

and that's about all I know for now. Boring, ain't I...

Charley would be mad at me for not being wittier

2 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Blogger Peebs said...

OMG!, You received SPAM on your blog! Is nothing sacred?

I totally understand your decision, re: the south, but, can't say I'm not deeply disappointed. I was so looking forward to meeting you!
Maybe DWinDW06 will happen and we can all meet up there.

Anyways, don't fret. We're your friends, and friends understand! Just be safe and have fun! :)

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

Have a safe trip. I will be looking for your postcard. That you are even attempting to send them to 30 people is admirable. I will be looking for you too unless you consider my state too far South. Whatever you decide to do, I understand.

Have fun!

P. S. I can't believe the SPAM either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home