MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hoople heads? Close Enough!

Well.. let me see if I can sum this up in a phrase of few words. This will be difficult, as you well know, as speaking in short sentences seems to warp my strength, while endless talking only energizes me!

Here we go..

Illinois sucks.

Short enough? I wonder if the s on sucks is silent out here... (Illinois sucketh?)

The only good thing was, since I couldn't go straight through on I-80 over the Mississippi River, I had to detour and missed the lead off hwy 88. As soon as I realized it was part of the detour, I started heading north to pick it up as soon as possible..

This lead me through the teeny tiny town of

You guessed it!

Close enough... and since everyone (at least on the road) seemed to BE one, I was heartily rewarded by the sign..

There are no lost opportunities.

I made it into Wisconsin, thank goodness. I was headed for Fond du Lac but it was too far. These states are smaller than Nebraska, but sill big.

So I searched my Trailer Life guide and fount this place in Milton Wisconsin...




Not a great picture,but a lovely campground. Notice how the trees have changed... and it's COOL, almost COLD out here.. I'm wearing my sweatshirt... sigh... I got lucky again, as I didn't want to drive anymore..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home