MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Plans They Are a Changing...

Of course I have over estimated what I can do. This usually doesn't happen on the road (although it does everywhere else in my life) but I am getting older, as we all know.

I am no longer headed to Tennessee and the likes. And Willie? If you're reading this, I'm sorry sweetie, but I'm not going to dig for diamonds.

There are many contributing factors, and I won't bore you all with them...

I'm headed North.

ish...

My primary goal, once I get across this incredibly large and flat space, is to head for Michigan.

We shall see...


Flat place...

I admire, while I digress a bit as usual, anyone who ever WALKED across this country to find a better place or life; anyone who ever built a railroad across this endless place (and it had to be FLAT... try that one on for size); anyone who built the roads on which I so carelessly but endlessly travel.

No wonder we are in trouble... we've lost that strength.

I'm in Gothenburg Nebraska. A pretty little KOA.

I took I-76 to I-80 and then you pick up the Platte River, another meaningful body of water. This was the one followed by countless pioneers and it serves Nebraska still. It's a more peaceful river (hence the "flat" name) but large and useful.

I stopped in town to see an original Pony Express station. Now these boys (and they were literally very very young) were also made of sterner stuff. Built for speed and fearless, they opened communication when it was most needed and sorely lacking.


And, as an aside, remember my master's thesis on rest areas? Well, Colorado, which fails in the driver department, comes in the top in the rest area category.


So, I am slowing down and taking some side roads and I can because it's MY TRIP! :p``

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Michigan. I could find *someone's* address for you in Detroit if you happen to have a sledgehammer, some fireants and honey to spare....

LOL!

Got your message - no problem, though I'll miss seeing your smilin' face. Safe travels. Have FUN!

FaRtY-FaRt-FaRt!!!

Yours Anonymously,

St. J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home