MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Amana food, crafts, antiques and.... refrigerators???

We had a heck of a thunderstorm last night. It thundered and lightninged and rained...

I tried to take a video, but it never worked out quite right...

It was awesome!

I visited the Amana Colonies today, driving the long route through a little town called Oxford... There are so many of these you can't count them, dotted on the plains like so many flowers in a newly planted bed.


There are so many old barns.... sigh... and you know how I am about old barns..


I had breakfast at the wrong place (of course) so I may have to go back tomorrow and hit the RIGHT place. I've never waited so long for breakfast... it was practically LUNCH!..I was good and didn't walk in with my "Whiskey and fresh men for my horses" routine.. (sometimes Whiskey for my men and fresh oats for my horses... or "forget the horses.. just give me Whiskey and some fresh men!)

The colonies...

I poked around in the gifty shops, but they've changed, of course... more stuff you can find on the internet.. cheaper. But people snatch it up. At least I hope so for the Colonies sake...


another very cool old barn..


just outside of the main part of the Colony, there is a lily pond lake. Last time they were all dead, but they are just leaving this time of year.


close up... you can still see some lilies...

Oh... and pay no attention to the time on these. the computer is on LA time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home