MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Gretna, Nebraska

So.. I’m in Gretna Nebraska, just outside of Omaha. This is a beautiful KOA, it’s quieter and really pretty.. and it’s

COOLER! (I may have to put on a sweatshirt!!! if I stay outside...)

and...

it has KUDZU! I don’t think I’ve seen Kudzu this far north before..

So.. Sheila, here’s some Kudzu for you.. watch out for it, it’s headed our way! (it's the green, tree shaped thing in the middle)

It was cloudy most of the day, and it was raining cats and dogs and who knows what else somewhere south and west of me...

I stopped by Ft. Kearney today... the remnants of the walls and a building are there. Seems a lonely place to be surrounded by hostile indians or bison or whatever.




Right next to the KOA is this cornfield. Must be headed towards IOWA!


Tomorrow I actually have plans (can you hear god laughing, Al?). I'm going to stay at a campground near the Amana Colonies. This is one of my favorite places, built around the 1880's. It has all kinds of little kitschy stores and stuff... so if I don't get there early enough tomorrow, I can stick around on Saturday and have some fun!


Many big trucks today. The blessing about Nebraska (and Colorado, for that matter) is that the big rigs get to do 75 mph like the rest of us. The trouble (are you listening out there?) on the roads starts when you let us poor folks do 65 and make the truckers do 55. It's a major problem. I can follow a truck in Nebraska for miles, whereas in California, we all have to do that in and out dance that is soooo dangerous.


Not that I have anything to say about it or any EXPERIENCE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home