MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, September 12, 2010

4 States Later...



The old Bagdad Cafe... I couldn't find the sign for the street that led to it, so I'm assuming it's gone forever... or I missed it. A great place to stop and a WONDERFUL movie.

Speaking about changes, I'm putting a video of Lost Wages, Nevada on here. The song is indicative of how I feel about it now.

The reason I traveled in 4 states today is: between Los Angeles and Leeds Utah there is no where to stop. I don't mean no where pretty, or no where nice, or no where even awful.

No where.

At least I know I can travel 450 miles in a day, although I don't wish to do it again.

Desert.

Not PRETTY desert

Not AWESOME desert

Not MARGINAL desert

Just hot sticky nasty barren dry desert.

L.A. is a desert too, only we've got water...

for now.

The traffic leading from Las Vegas west (towards the great mecca of LA) was at times stop and go. IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE ( I can't seem to decide on typing nowhere or no where, but nowhere looks like now here and when you are no where you are NOT now here!)

Why does anyone DRIVE to Las Vegas?

Anyways, I traveled from California to Nevada to a bit of Arizona and am now in UTAH, where the campground is at least cooler and shady.

and an hour later..

go figure...

must be the heat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home