MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

OTR Again!

You have to figure out what that means.

So I drove up I-5 today, in spite of the fact that I said I would never do it. Ever.

and I was right to think that...



it's so dead it's sad. There were signs all along the highway saying "Congress Created Dust Bowl".

I'm going to make a prediction. Write this down.

There will come a time when California closes it's borders to everyone.

There simply isn't enough water for this desert to supply the needs of the MILLIONS of people who want to live here.

The green in that picture shouldn't have been there. I took the picture early in the trip, because from then on it was all dry ... rows of fruit trees.. dead... fields... dead. At one point a car drove by the highway (on purpose?) and the resultant dust cloud covered the road for waaay too long. Of course, the car in front of me, having never SEEN Days of Thunder, slowed down (I couldn't see him until I almost ran up his back).. stupid...

Anyway. I drove until I reached Stockton, just shy of Sacramento. I was relieved because it's pretty here. There's this river and a delta area that keep this area green.

and a neat KOA campground.

Here's a view of the marina that's part of the campground (or vice versa)


and a view of one of the campsites..



Not a lot of people here, but I managed to meet a neat couple (in spite of my crippling shyness) so we had a good talk.

And I'm 400 miles from home...

and it's about time!

OH.. and it's supposed to RAIN! ( I looked it up.. it has something to do with water falling from the sky???)

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous ME said...

oooh pretty marina!

yay - you're ON THE ROAD AGAIN!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home