MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, June 06, 2008

The One Where I Tell Mom She Looks Great in the Hat...



It's not so much that I lied... it's just that Mom hasn't been a hat person in years.

She wears the glasses (as do I, when I drive), but sometimes the light at Scotty's is just too bright all over. I got the hat in hopes that she would wear it, but wasn't betting the house on the outcome. It's very light, and I just kind of dropped it on her head. I had everyone at Scotty's tell her how cute it looked, and reminded her that it's difficult to shade her eyes with her one good hand and eat at the same time!

It worked.... at least this time .. doesn't she look happy about it? (grin)

Oh.. and I got another crown the other day. I told Craig (the crown ARTISTE) that I wanted that symbol of all things... well... You know the symbol.. I told him he could even do a stick figure version, but he was reticent (he's a really nice guy and not at all profane, which means I make him giggle easily). I told him to do what his conscience would allow.

He did this incredible M.. in GOLD. I don't know how he did it, but it's so striking. Usually he is limited to the colors he has to tint crowns to match teeth, which are very limited, and often light. I now have two little yellow happy faces (so tiny and so cute!), a shamrock, a pink heart, my little piggy, the little flowers, and now this marvelous Miz M!




It's blurry and upside down, but it looked really strange when I flipped the image... go figure

6 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

Let's see if I tilt my head around...it is an M! Your Mom would look cute in the hat if she didn't look like she wanted to bite your head off. -)

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

It's her usual face for me.. and for my sister. We never seem to get it right (grin).

Now bring a caregiver in the room and she's suddenly 4 years old and giggling..

Which is good news, overall..

 
At 5:33 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Well, in the W position it could pass for a flip-off I suppose. ;) But the M is much better. =)

Mom looks great in the hat! If begrudgingly so.

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeeeezus. Your mom looks like Brando in Island of Dr. Moreau.

I had a chill when I thought you had a W on your new crown!

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

ROFL!

She does!

and that's a dubya.. isn't it?

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh- nice tooth...
and the mom-hat-picture is too much...I'm sure she'd be MAD about it (so many years ago...)
but now - it's so "practical"...
nice one!
me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home