MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, March 30, 2008

And Then There Were Three...



I have to include my brother in all of this family stuff.

I find this picture interesting (telling?) for several reasons.

These are the infamous Butterfly dresses. My sister and I loved these dresses, and memory serves me with a remembrance of yellow sweaters with a single beaded butterfly (again, done by my mother?). I have seen a saved butterfly, but can't place where it is.

Also, if you notice, at this stage in our lives my brother and I look alike, almost enough to be twins. This will help you to understand why everyone thought I was going to be 5' 9" tall.. My brother is three years older than I....

Even in this picture!

As I look at this picture now, I am also struck by how much my brother looked like my father.

My sister and I often discuss how, at different times in our lives, we resemble different family members ... and then maybe never again.


and one more picture.



Christmas, 1943.

The trees we had back then were different... more Charlie Brown and less foliage. For some years (?) Santa brought the tree...

On Christmas eve...

Poor Santa!

and, of course, there was lots of Tinsel...

lead tinsel...

No wonder I have these tics...

3 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your brother looks like a juvie in that first pic. I love the Christmas one.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

 
At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha...that butterfly is on my dresser!! yup - mom did it...those are some great pics...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home