MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's Too Damned Hot!!



I am so glad, in spite of the fact that we have totally messed up the weather on this poor blue planet, that it isn't going to affect us for several hundred years...


yeah...

right....

I feel so for those people affected by the Mississippi River. Such devastation, even if it IS HER JOB (ahem).

I saw a documentary about that massive river in.. oh... the mid 80's on my little TV in a campground in the south somewhere. It foretold Katrina, and many of the events that are happening even as we speak. We built our cities near the water sources when we had no other choice and have been paying the price periodically. Apparently the river WANTS NEW ORLEANS BACK. She made the land on which it stands (below water level), and has been removing the protective wetlands and anything else that would save the city.

She wants it...

She will have it...

She's very strong, very determined, and verrrry patient.

She is, however, making some more unstable land that can be used (but shouldn't be) to make a new city...

I mention all of this because it's SO DAMNED HOT HERE!




sigh...

I was picking on my sister because she took a vacation to Sedona, which is a very warm place...

and today it was 117 degrees in Palm Springs, and well over a hundred all over this area..

SOOO..

I'm putting up my video from last September. It was taken in Oregon on the 28th, as I crossed between La Grande and Pendleton. I only heard about it as I stopped in La Grande to stock up at the WAL MART. I was planning on camping up on that road, but somehow it seemed a bit, well, stupid...

I would love some of that snow right now...

3 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

LOL! I love the melted ice cream truck.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

me too! I was looking for a hot weather image in google, and there it was..

waaay too cool, colors and all!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Janet James said...

sigh......snow......sigh....it'll never happen around here. It's soooo hot.

I know how that ice cream truck feels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home