MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pitter Patter...

I have one small deranged kitty resting by my side. She has finally discovered the tiny catnip mice that I put out for them. She just spent about a half an hour jumping and chasing and pouncing and twisting and killing this horrible threat to our existence.

I'm assuming she feels better and is healing just fine.

Her big sister watched with interest, and I am expecting her to join in in the next few days.

I'm thinking the baby is younger than they thought she was... she has that kittenish look.

Or maybe she's just deranged (grin).



Baby kitty in her basket. Later she found that she could watch out the window, and sat with her paws on the edge of the basket, watching everything that moved by the house. Her big sister came over and joined her, so I put another basket there in case they both want to watch.



Each has their favorite spot during the day, but they both join me on the couch for TV watching at night. If you notice, big kitty moves closer to baby kitty inch by inch until she is close enough to watch over her very closely...




Big Kitty watches baby kitty a great deal. I feel as if she didn't have much of a kittyhood and has to learn these things. She seems protective, and was pregnant when she came to the shelter, which may be the reason for her attitude. Elisha, my old big kitty had NO childhood, and had to learn everything from Calamity. He took great pleasure in everything he learned, so I await BK's awakening...



and I'm assuming, since I call them kitty and kitty (respectively) that their names are big kitty and little kitty.



I'm going to have to try to figure out how to use the camera better... or something. When I take pictures at night, the pre flash makes them close their eyes!!

More to come..

meanwhile, I have a couple of kitties to pet...

they looove petting...

Oh!.. and, though they are both really quiet, the little one squeaks and the big one cries ONCE when she wakes up and it's dark and she doesn't know where we are so I will come and get her and pet her and hold her...

I, of course, just hate it!

2 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

They are so sweet! It looks like they're settling in rather nicely. So cute!

 
At 4:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you have kitties to sing lullabies to, instead of rocks! I'll have to come up with a kitty song to offer as well.

I'm soooooooo happy the three of you are settling in together. They are absolutely precious.

ME!
Posting anonymously as St.J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home