MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Pennsylvania 65000




For those of you who are too young to remember, the first big step from a switchboard operator was a phone number that had a prefix...

two letters that MEANT something..

Like AR 25025

Arizona, 25025 Or Granite 44325.. or..

Only the big cities had them at first, and then everyone had them. No area code...

just Pennsylvania 6500...

This went on well into my teen years and beyond. So simple.

Now I have to dial 11 digits to call my sister, who lives a half mile away...

So instead of settling for feeling like a dinosaur,

I got a new phone.

It's a music phone, but didn't get it for the music..

I got it cuz it's pretty..


oooo... pretty...

and shiny..

and skinny..

and has a 2 megapixel camera ... that's more than I ever used on my first camera that took all the pictures on my trips (except the last one)

and shiny...

we all know how I feel about shiny...

I love shiny....

and IT'S called the Gleam....

sigh...





still have to dial 11 numbers to talk to my sister, but now it's much more fun...

3 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

It's purty.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Or you just program it in and hit one button! Yay shiney!

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, but I remember my brother's telephone number in Iwakuni, Japan - 01181956246111 - going back fifteen years. I don't worry about putting it down here - anyone who calls won't be able to understand the person on the other end, anyway. At least I don't think so...

What a great phone!

PS - the "Jammie" fairy paid a visit to an address in St. Louis yesterday...

I LOVE EM! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Maybe I'll call you, so you can answer your shiny, purty new phone!

HUGS!

ME!

St. J - posting anonymously

 

Post a Comment

<< Home