MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Thursday, September 21, 2006

St Julien, the Bird Woman of Missouri...

I met St. Julien today!!! She FINALLY dragged herself out of bed! Dang.. I travel over 2,000 miles and she SLEEPS!...We had quite the experience after we talked ourselves out and wandered all over this part of Missouri which just happens to be her old stomping ground...

Be sure to ask her what she does to welcome trains...

...

When we got back to the campground, we were sitting and talking and a tiny bird *plop*; threw itself at Nancy's feet. I figure it was headed for her hair, assuming that it was a far superior nest to the one it had left earlier. We picked it up. It was old enough to hop and flutter about, but was clearly looking for food. I managed to stuff some mashed turkey down it and it quit asking. Either it had enough or was fearful of whatever else I might shove down it's little gullet.

We drove to the local vet's office, but they were already closed, so we finally put it down in a safe place near where it had fallen. We saw Mom checking it out, so there is hope for it... It surely was pretty, with a dark stripe over it's beak and little bright yellow feathers on the end of it's budding tail. Hope for the best...

Oh.. St. Julien.. yeah yeah, she was really neat (grin). This is such fun! I'm going to know you all better than anyone...

and we're going to open the Gem again and bring back the rocks and fish and not let the naysayers in...

3 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhhhhh, poor little fluffbundle. I wish I could've been your baby bird consultant, but my blasted phone doesn't work down here in the remote and lovely wilds of New Mexico. I'm sure mama took him back under her pretty wing.

And I'm glad the two of you had fun, and I hope you remembered to hug St. J for me...

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

I hugged her until she squeaked for you and for everyone else! Several times!.. boy, she sure makes some funny noises when you squeeze her...
...
..

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oh how wonderful! Who's next on your itinerary? I'm ready for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home