MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, April 28, 2006

Poco Polo...





A picture taken in 1937 at the Riviera (near my parents house) for polo played for benefit of a Hermosa Beach children's hospital convalescent home (the small beach city next to mine). Simple coincidences. I find them everywhere. I went to Alaska once in my life on a Western Airlines pass and spent, like, three days there. I went down to the 'bad' part of town and found a tiny bar... run by a man from Manhattan Beach... go figure. I struck up a conversation in a pool in a KOA camping ground in Tennessee and found friends of friends. It happens all the time. There are no BIG worlds, only small ones continually connected.

My mother is on the left and my aunt is on the right. I love the all white ponies. I love the happy faces. It's hard now to think of my mother ever playing something as intricate as polo, so I get such a kick out of finding things like this to remind me...

just a little polo...

2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mom has the best smile! Full of mischief. Must run in the family. heh.

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Polo's always fascinated me, how people can keep their seat and still concentrate on whacking a frickin' ball around. But it must be fun. Me, I'd fall on my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home