MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, April 24, 2006

A Bow by any Other Name...



My niece is getting 'officially' married tomorrow... the big wedding is going to take place later, in Puerto Vallarta, but the "By gosh we're married now" ceremony is going to be tomorrow, so my mother can attend...

So I got creative...

I used to love to wrap presents. I had a job in 1971 working for Campbell's Bookstore in Westwood Viillage. I loved that job. Not only did I get to wrap the books (a fairly easy job, as they are usually rectangular), I got to be creative... and I got to touch all the new books that came into the store...

sigh..

Oh.. and I got a really cool DISCOUNT!...

Lately, I haven't much cared for wrapping... at Christmas, I sometimes get a wild hair and do something very different, but if you get a present from me in the middle of the year, it will usually have Christmas paper... inside out!

For this, however, I wanted something unique.

I practiced on a package to bonho, and then went bonkers last night..

I know it's over the top, but I love it...

5 Comments:

At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That package is fuckin' amazing. It looks like a cake. I might use this as a template for one, in fact. If that's okay.

You did a lovely job wrapping mine too. I wore the bee socks today, by the way.

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger theshriek said...

So can I hire you to wrap my Christmas presents?

-)

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

bonho... that's exactly what I thought when i saw the picture... use away!

me!

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It DOES look like a cake! Or maybe a hat.
Oh look at me commenting on someone's blog finally!! heh.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

They cut off the bottom of the box to open it! Must have been a hit! (beams at canalgal's first blog comment)

me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home