MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, March 06, 2006

No Dogs on the Furniture!... riiight...


I’ve spent so much time on my kitty that I have neglected another member of this family... my sister’s dog, Casey.

Our family has a history of golden retrievers. My sister got her first when she and her husband were in Hawaii. Bob was flying in and out of Vietnam, and my sister needed company and protection (riiight... ). Along came Saffron (does the name tell you to what generation my sister belongs?... I thought so...). Saffron was a very smart dog, and my sister a very patient teacher, so Saff knew lots of tricks. She lived a long time and was joined back here by Rory, a deep red colored sweetie. Rory was .. well... dim, and had a very Eeyore personality. At Christmas, Saff knew what present was hers, and to not open it before she was told. Rory never could open his, but developed a sort of , “Oh well, probably wasn’t for me anyway’ attitude.

Their next puppy was Maggie... maybe the sweetest golden ever. My nephew was her ‘boy’ and she raised him as well as she could. Watching them play together was a great joy.

In the meantime, my mother and father became the recipients of one of Rory’s puppies... Katie. There’s a picture on one of Dad’s blogs of him with Katie at his side when she was no bigger than a minute. We knew that the dog would be around when my father wasn’t, and she was such a great companion for Mom. After Katie died, my poor Mother had 3 goldens that had terrible problems... rescue dogs. They lasted an average of about 8 months. Our only consolation was to tell Mom that they couldn’t have had a better place to spend their last months than at her side.

My sister now has Casey, who is a lot older than these pictures... I put them in because I just love them...

5 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I needed that right about now.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger theshriek said...

You have got to stop with the animal pictures! Now I want a dog too. Sniff.

He looks like a sweetie pie.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

aww... poor Shrieky! (hands her a kleenex)

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm trying to leave a comment..now that is ONE CUTE PUPPY...

 
At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yay, they accepted my comment...even though they said i couldn't do it...MUST BE THE PUPPY...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home