MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Monday, February 27, 2006

Solace...


I need to blog about peaceful things today.. I'll get back to the outfits and sewing at another time. This picture was taken when I was traveling with a motor home, which was great fun when I finally got settled in a campground. It also made carrying some of my excess stuff easier... like the Hammered Dulcimer.

I like this picture because it speaks of peace... solace, if you will. There's my little house on wheels, my fire to keep me warm, and my music... all together. This dulcimer was made for me. It's completely chromatic from one end to the other, with no missed notes, which means I can play just about anything I want... if I practice. Most of them are missing the 'non essential' notes (??)... I could never figure out which ones I didn't want (grin).

I often take the hammered dulcimer with me when I travel, as I seem to have trouble practicing at home. On the road I have no other things to interfere and interrupt, so by the end of any trip I am playing much better than when I start.

It's also a great way to meet people in a campground...

and I'm so shy...

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha. Shy, my buttocks.

Despite my city mouse aversion to camping, I'd certainly enjoy spending a warm sunny afternoon with you in such a setting....as long as I could sleep in a hotel with a bathtub and a real toilet.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger mizmarilyn said...

ah.. but you see, with a motor home you HAVE all that and more!

me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home