MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

The Little Red Coat...



This is for bonho, who said she liked my mother's fashion sense (grin). My mother made this coat; hence the pride in her attitude and demeanor. She gave GREAT sewing...

My mother made a goodly number of my and my sister's clothes. She was responsible for practically every dress we wore, and the fact that we often dressed alike when we were younger. She could really sew. She passed this ability, very patiently, to my sister and I, and even to the grandkids... I have video. My sister, being the patient(er) one, did quite a bit of sewing over the years, especially after she had children. I, being the A.D.D. child, sewed when I wanted to, and never followed all the rules. I hated the measure/pin/baste/ check/ recheck thing, and often just put things together and hoped for the best. Often times my lack of attention to detail and hard work was rewarded... Just as often it was not. Because I didn't follow protocol, I was rarely disappointed when what i wanted to happen, didn't.

I'm not finished with this... I'll be back after I see Mom..

I'm back. I'm looking for a picture of me and my sister in one of the outfits my mother made for us, but I can't seem to find it yet... maybe tomorrow. Ever since I changed my house around, I can't find anything!

1 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mother rocks. She is my style icon now. Got any of her stuff lying around? Oh, crap, wait, she was like 4'8" and weighed 50 lbs, right? Sigh. She had quite a set on her, though, didn't she?

No, seriously, she is a hella-sharp dresser.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home