MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, September 23, 2005

Here at last... Here at last..


The rocky rocky coast of Oregon...

I'm in Florence Oregon, the home of my favorite campground. I was nervous about finding a spot in it to camp, but all my fears were groundless (they usually are, you know). So now I'm happy ensconced for the next few days with time to ramble around and stay out of trouble. I'm visiting my old old friend on Saturday. Until then, I get to play in Florence, which is a pretty neat little town.

Yesterday I wandered down the coast, having breakfast in Depoe Bay (the world's smallest harbor), and hitting the aquarium at Newport. This was the same aquarium that housed Keiko, the whale, wonderfully and happily until some TWITS decided that, after ... what... 30 years in captivity, she should be SET FREE in Iceland. Needless to say, she's dead now. I remember seeing that great gentle beast rushing over to the underwater viewing window when the aquarium first opened in the morning, waiting for the people to arrive. She would seem to pick one certain person... a child on someone's shoulders, a person in a wheel chair, a brightly colored shirt, and just watch them.

Then, several stops later, I'm here. Last night it was cold, and, because I was talking to ALUCARD on the phone until it got dark, I managed to flip the little lock in my passenger side door UP. Couldn't close it. I've had this happen in the old van, but in the dark in the cold I just couldn't get it back! So I bungee corded the door shut and drove into town today and Voila! got it fixed.

There's an old town in Florence, and I knew this little coffee shop would have WiFi and, as USUAL, I was right! So now you are up to date and I am off to roam...

me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home