MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Friday, July 23, 2010

SPOTLIGHTS.... explained.


Ok.. one new baby picture.. Then the good stuff.

My niece brought Rilynn over this week and Big Kitty was very interested. They were both cautious, and no one got hurt. I think the baby liked this kitty better...

It was a SPOTLIGHT day.



On to SPOTLIGHTS...

When I was teaching, I would occasionally have a parent who took their child out of school to go to lunch or shop or something special. Just THAT child, just THAT day, and just the two of them. I was particularly happy if it was a father and son, as mothers seem to think of those things more often.

My feelings about this are : You can take the kids to Disneyland, you can fly them to Europe, you can do all the fancy things on the weekends and they will remember

that

one

day.

Forever.

It's the unexpected moments in life that surprise and delight us. I remember one little second grade girl skipping back to class after P.E. saying "MISS WOODS SAID I WAS GREAT!!"

What a thrill for her.

I once saw a younger child who, having had to go to the office to get a lunch pass because her PARENTS FORGOT TO GET A NEW ONE (ahem), who, to continue my sentence, was stuck at the end of the lunch line. Her friends were eating already, and she was in tears. I took her hand and moved her to the head of the line, telling the 'older' boys there, "Gentlemen, look at this sweet face. Some day this might just work out for you because you let her in line!".

She beamed.

So... I'm going to blog about some of my SPOTLIGHT moments. Some of them will be impressive and some will have meaning only for me. Hopefully, you will enjoy some of them.

Think about some of your Spotlights today.

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Anonymous me. said...

cute....and true....(oh and cute baby!) (ha ha...i had to use the h/c verification - ! you should try it - very WEIRD...but i "got through" - don't know why that happens - can't view the "visual"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home