MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES

MIZMARILYN'S MISSIVES... THE MANIACAL MUSINGS ON THE MEANDERINGS, MISADVENTURES, AND MISHAPS OF A MISGUIDED MISCREANT...

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Smaller Heads Prevail...




So... Bonho, who always thinks of us all, gave me some super antique yarn when we met for lunch the other day... (and yes, we had lunch too). The colors are incredible, clearly of another age and time.

It's needlepoint and rug yarn, but since I only know how to make hats, I made a hat.

I think the colors look great mixed... I felt like singing "When the moon is in Aquarius" the entire time i was knitting.

In fact, I think I did...

just a little.

The only problem with knitting a soft, stretchy, fluffy hat with pure wool needlepoint yarn is that it has none of the aforementioned properties.

So I put a poof on the top of it..

It turned out a bit smaller than usual, so I have to choose the one of you who has several requisites:

1. They must have a small head

2. They must live in a very cold place (as it's wool and will be warm. Very warm. Really Warm.

hmm... smaller head.... cold climate.

I'm going to have to do some thinking about this one...

any suggestions gratefully accepted...

Oh.. and the poof is easily removed...

1 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Anonymous bonho said...

I have a tiny head but I am sure as shit not going to be wearing a VERY WARM wool hat here. I might borrow it, though, if I wind up going to NYC this October...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home